I had a major chocolate craving the other day and I only had 3 points left for the day. I thought I was S.O.L but then, a miracle! I checked out my favorite weight watcher's cooking blog Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes and found my new favorite chocolate fix.
Chocolate Banana Souffles! Which I had fun calling Funky Monkey Souffles:
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp sugar
- butter flavored cooking spray
- Preheat over to 400F.
- Coat 4 ramekins with cooking spray.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas and vanilla together. Sift cornstarch and cocoa powder over bananas and stir well.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whites with sugar until they form soft peaks. (NOTE: I didn't beat my eggs enough so the souffles didn't rise as they should have, however they were still delicious!) Fold 1/3 of egg whites into banana mixture. When incorporated, fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins.
- Wipe the top 1/4 inch “collar” of the ramekin to remove any excess batter so that the souffle will rise straight and place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Probably the most delicious chocolate treat I've ever had!