Oddly enough, I love seeing when my bananas have turned brown. It lets me continue my search for the best banana recipes.
I have a huge weakness for banana bread so its necessary for me to find a low cal/ low fat option without sacrificing taste. I was google-ing yesterday and found this wonderful recipe on about.com. I was a little wary to try it because I've tried other recipes from about.com and was disappointing but I decided to give it a try. Turns out it's a fantastic recipe! Now, its not like I can't the difference between these and the fat charged balls of banana heaven I used to make. They're just a really nice alternative.
Low Fat Banana Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup splenda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Make a well in the center.
- In a medium bowl, combine canola oil milk, egg, vanilla. Add wet ingredient to dry mixture, followed by mashed bananas. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Fill muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
Taken from: http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/bakedgoods/r/bananamuffins.htm
W.W Points= 3 per muffin (a little higher than a like for a snack but worth it!)